Saying “I love you” is always nice, but there are plenty of other sweet and romantic ways to say “I love you” to your partner, too. This big list of romantic love messages for him or her is jam-packed with loving messages and text ideas that will make your significant other extremely emotional.
Whether you’re looking for sweet love messages for her to write in her anniversary card or want to send a cute love text to him just because he’s on your mind, these love messages for men and women are so romantic, they’ll make your partner melt.
So if you’re ready to tell that special someone exactly how you feel, these 150 romantic love messages for him or her—from sweet “I love you” messages to cute love texts for your partner—will do the trick.
Romantic Love Messages for Her
1. “I would rather spend one moment holding you than a lifetime knowing I never could.” — Unknown
2. “But you’ve slipped under my skin, invaded my blood and seized my heart.” — Maria V. Snyder
3. “I never loved you any more than I do, right this second. And I’ll never love you any less than I do, right this second.”— Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl
4. “I love you and I don’t want to lose you. Because my life has been better since the day I found out.” – Unknown
5. “You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.” – Pride and Prejudice
6. “I do know some things. I know I love you. I know you love me.” – Game of Thrones
7. “And in her smile I see something more beautiful than the stars.”— Across the Universe
8. “We are made of particles that existed since the moment the universe began. I like to think those atoms travelled 14 billion years through time and space to create us so that we could be together and make each other whole.” – The Big Bang Theory
9. “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” ― John Green
10. “If my love were an ocean, there would be no more land. If my love were a desert, you would see only sand. If my love were a star–late at night, only light. And if my love could grow wings, I’d be soaring in flight.”— Jay Asher
11. “I want you. All of you. Your flaws. Your mistakes. Your imperfections. I want you, and only you.” – John Legend
12. “I’ve never had a moment’s doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one. My reason for life.” – Ian McEwan
13. “When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew.” ― Arrigo Boito
14. “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” ― Paulo Coehlo
15. “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” – Leo Christopher
16. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever.” – Unknown
17. “I don’t care how hard being together is, nothing is worse than being apart.” — Josephine Angelini
18. “In a sea of people, my eyes will always be searching for you.” – Unknown
19. “Sometimes, I knock on the doors of your heart, just to make sure I still live there.” – Unknown
20. “No matter what has happened. No matter what you’ve done. No matter what you will do. I will always love you. I swear it.” — C.J. Redwine
21. “I am catastrophically in love with you.”— Cassandra Clare
22. “And I’ve realized that the Beatles got it wrong. Love isn’t all we need—love is all there is.”— Morgan Matson
23. “Promise me you’ll never forget me, because if I thought you would, I’d never leave.” ― A.A. Milne
24. “Your hand touching mine. This is how galaxies collide.” ― Sanober Khan
25. “Love is like a virus. It can happen to anybody at any time.” – Maya Angelou
Romantic Love Messages for Him
26. “I wish I knew how to quit you.” – Brokeback Mountain
27. “Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will.” – Elaine Davis
28. “I need you like a heart needs a beat.” — One Republic
29. “When I look into your eyes, I know I have found the mirror of my soul.” — Joey W. Hill
30. “Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.” — Emily Dickinson
31. “It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight.” ― Vladimir Nabokov
32. “Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.” — Doug Fetherling
33. “Your love shines in my heart as the sun that shines upon the earth.” – Eleanor Di Guillo
34. “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” – J.R.R Tolkien
35. “Each day I love you more, today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” – Rosemonde Gerard
36. “I am in you and you in me, mutual in divine love.” – William Blake
37. “Love is being stupid together.” – Paul Valéry
38. “My heart is and always will be yours.” – Jane Austen
39. “I don’t wanna close my eyes, I don’t wanna fall asleep, cuz I’d miss you babe and I don’t wanna miss a thing.” – Aerosmith
40. “If I had to choose between breathing and loving you I would use my last breath to tell you I love you.” – DeAnna Anderson
41. “You had me at hello.” – Jerry Maguire
42. “Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.” — Roger de Bussy-Rabutin
43. “If I tell you I love you, can I keep you forever?” – Casper
44. “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” – Judy Garland
45. “No matter where I went, I always knew my way back to you. You are my compass star.” — Diana Peterfreund
46. “I love you and I like you” – Parks & Recreation
47. “The scariest thing about distance is you don’t know if they’ll miss you or forget about you.”— Nicholas Sparks
48. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
49. “And I don’t mind if we take our time ‘cause I’m all yours if you’re all mine.” – Defeater
50. “Love is missing someone when you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in the heart.” — Kay Knudsen
Related: 100 Romantic Things to Say
Sweet Love Texts for Her
51. Love makes no sense if it is not to the right person. I feel very lucky to be with you!
52. What is love? It is what makes your cell phone ring every time I send text messages.
53. I’m giving you my heart now and forever. My goal is to make sure that I always make you feel loved, appreciated, and accepted, even over text.
54. The world is so perfect because of you, without you the world would be meaningless. I Love you.
55. You wanna know who I’m in love with? Read the first word again.
56. You are the owner of my heart, my feelings, my soul and my body. I completely belong to you, baby. I love you. Always.
57. Your image is always in my mind, I can always hear my heart whispering your name and I can always see your face when I close my face, how beautiful you are. I love you.
58. I love you so much that I’m going crazy. I can’t stop thinking and dreaming about you. Only it makes me feel alive and gives my life a meaning.
59. You can keep my heart but bring me back to life with your kisses. Miss you!
60. Excuse me, I just want to tell you that I want to protect you, steal your smiles, stop your tears and wake up by your side. You are the most wonderful thing that ever happened to me.
61. I absolutely adore you. Just FYI.
62. Sweetheart, everything is meaningless without you, you are part of me. Even When we are apart.
63. Stop making me think about you! I’m busy.
64. You make me the happiest person on Earth.
65. I admire you, I care for you, I love you, I respect you and I trust you. Unconditionally.
66. The only thing I need in life is to see you smile; you are the queen of my heart. I love you.
67. I wish you two things: everything and nothing. Everything that makes you happy and nothing that makes you suffer. I love you!
68. It’s good to know that when I go back home you will be there, smiling and waiting for me. I think of you all day long and I don’t know what I would do without you.
69. You feed my heart and my soul with your love. I love you more than anything in this world!
70. Good morning, my love, you are so beautiful. I can’t resist being with you.
71. The only time I stupidly smile at my phone is when I get text messages from you.
72. I might run out of text messages to send you, and I might run out of jokes too. My phone might run out of battery, but my heart will never run out of space for you.
73. You are my dream come true, I will treasure and love you all the days of my life.
74. I wish I could send you a kiss through the phone, I could do it every second.
75. You make my heart melt!
Cute, Loving Texts for Him
76. Come to my dreams if you can. I’ll kiss you there.
77. I just want to be curled up in your arms right now.
78. You’re on my mind every second of every day!
79. When I say that you are the love of my life, believe me, it’s true. You are the only one in my heart.
80. If you wanna stop by my house tonight, I just might have a kiss waiting for you.
81. I’m getting butterflies just thinking about seeing you later.
82. Can we just call in sick tomorrow and spend the whole day together?
83. Your texts make my day even better.
84. Every time you text me, I get butterflies.
85. I wish I was in your arms.
86. Such a stressful day. Want to blow off some steam tonight?
87. You. Me. Takeout. Tonight.
88. I hope you know how wonderful you are, even when we are apart.
89. Counting down the seconds until I get to see you again!
90. I love you with all my heart.
91. I just realized something for the hundredth time today: I love you.
92. Just a note to remind you I’m thinking about you.
93. Stop looking so hot in the pics you post. You’re killing me over here!
94. I can’t wait to come home to you tonight.
95. I can NOT stop thinking about you, and it’s very distracting.
96. When I close my eyes, I see you. When I open my eyes, I see you. There is nothing I can do without thinking of you.
97. Wanna know something? I love you.
98. I’m so lucky you’re mine.
99. Even though you’re not beside me right now, I’m smiling—because I know you will be by my side very soon.
100. Forever and always, without a doubt, I am yours.
“I Love You” Messages for Him
101. I love you to the moon and back.
102. These three small words aren’t enough to tell you just how wonderful you are, but I’ll say them anyway: I love you.
103. I’ll never be able to explain how much I love you, but I’ll try by telling you every morning when you wake up and every night before you go to bed.
104. I didn’t think it was even possible to love someone as much as I love you.
105. You make every day better, which is one of the million reasons I love you.
106. Love = you + me.
107. I love you more than all the grains of sand on the Earth and all the stars in the sky combined.
108. I have loved you long before the beginning of times and I will love you even when the memories of us will be erased from the face of the Earth.
109. Love is the air I breathe. Without you, my darling, I wouldn’t be alive, because you have a piece of my heart, and that’s why I need you by my side so much.
110. “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” — Robert Frost
111. “Love is the hardest habit to break and the most difficult to satisfy.” — Drew Barrymore
112. “I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.” — Roy Croft
113. “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” — Plato
114. “The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love.” — Henry Miller
115. I love you,with the kind of love that’s more than love.
116. You are my forever. I will love you always.
117. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” — Lau Tzu
118. “Some love stories aren’t epic novels. Some are short stories. But that doesn’t make them any less filled with love.” — Carrie Bradshaw
119. “Who, being loved, is poor? — Oscar Wilde
120. “Passion is momentary; love is enduring.” — John Wooden
126. You never fail to amaze me. Every day there is something new that makes me love you even more than the day before.
122. “Do I love you? My god, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches.” — William Goldman
123. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.”— Herman Hesse
124. Give me a kiss and I’ll serenade you among the stars. Give me your love and I will pluck each star to set at your feet.
125. “To love is nothing to be loved is something..to love and be loved is everything.” — Bill Russel
“I Love You” Messages for Her
126. “The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.” — Marilyn Monroe
127. Hold my hand, hold my heart, and hold me forever. I love you.
128. I love you, in ways you’ve never been loved, for reasons you’ve never been told, for longer than you think you deserved and with more than you will ever know existed inside me.
129. The more and more I spend time with you, the more and more I realize I am doing the one thing I told myself I would never do again… fall in love.
130. “You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you.” — Pride and Prejudice
131. “The sea hath its pearls, the heaven hath its stars, but my heart, my heart has its love.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
132. It’s been said that you only truly fall in love once, but I don’t believe it. Every time I see you, I fall in love all over again!
133. “Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself.” — Mahatma Gandhi
134. Part of love is being stupid together, which basically sums up our relationship! Love you lots!
135. Cuddling with you, talking with you, and being with you, that’s what I love most.
136. I love you—now and always.
137. Somewhere between all our laughs, long talks, stupid little fights, and inside jokes, I fell in love.
138. When I tell you I love you, I don’t say it out of habit. I say it to remind you that you’re the best thing that ever happened to me.
139. Thank you, my love, for making me feel like the most beautiful person in the world.
140. I had no plans of falling in love with you. But now that I have, I plan to stay in love with you forever.
141. I know I am in love with you because I see the world in your eyes and your eyes everywhere in the world.
142. It’s just you and me against the world. I love you!
143. I am so in love with you that sometimes I still pinch myself to make sure it’s not a dream.
144. Look into my heart and feel what I am saying, for my heart speaks the truth and the truth is I love you.
145. I love you. Nothing and nobody—not even time—will ever change that.
146. Being with you is the best thing that’s every happened to me. I love you.
147. Every atom, molecule, and cell of me loves you.
148. Being in love with you makes every morning worth getting up for.
149. Our love is a promise; our love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear.
150. To the moon and back, I love you.
151. You are the spice of my world.
Please note that the messages contained in this article were not originally compiled by this author but were edited where necessary