Another year around the sun is always something to celebrate! Sending birthday greetings is a wonderful way to honor the birthday of a spouse, family member, friend, colleague, boss, pastor or any other loved one. When you’re deciding which birthday wishes to include within your celebratory birthday card gift, consider who you’re writing to. If you’re sending a sweet birthday message to a friend, you may want to go with something funny that reflects your goofy relationship. Maybe you’re sending a birthday card to your grandmother; a sweet birthday quote might be better suited. From the flowery and inspirational to the short and sweet, we’ve compiled an exhaustive list of lovely birthday messages for everyone on your list.
Below are 100 Best Birthday Messages & Quotes to Wish Someone a Happy Birthday
Inspirational Happy Birthday Wishes
Maybe you’re hoping to inspire a tear with heartwarming birthday quotes. If that’s the case, consider adding any of these inspirational happy birthday wishes to your birthday card. Genuine wishes of happiness and goodwill are sure to go far and make any birthday guy or gal’s day that much brighter.
- Happy birthday! You are only young once so enjoy it to the fullest. Time passes way too fast and you don’t get these years back.
- May you have all the love your heart can hold, all the happiness a day can bring, and all the blessings a life can unfold. Happy birthday!
- On your birthday may your spirit be enriched in light, love, and hope for a prosperous year ahead.
- Warmest wishes to you on your very special day. I hope that you continue to change the lives of others with your positivity, love, and beautiful spirit.
- Today marks one small milestone in the beautiful journey that is your life. May you continue to be blessed and follow your goals and ambitions to success!
- The best of your life has yet to come, embrace it, be confident, and embark on a future of limitless possibilities and opportunities. Happy birthday.
- Another birthday means your life journey is incomplete, may your path be paved with success and guided by love. Best wishes, my friend.
- Happy birthday!! I hope your day is filled with lots of love and laughter! May all of your birthday wishes come true.
- To someone who touches each life you enter, spreading joy to everyone you meet: may the love and happiness you share with others return to you tenfold. I wish you many more happy birthdays!
- For your birthday, I just want to say: I hope you can see how special you are to me. Happy birthday, my love!
- Thinking of you on your birthday, and wishing you all the best! I hope it is as fantastic as you are!
- May the joy that you give others come back to you on this special day. Happy birthday!
- I hope that you have the greatest birthday ever from the moment you open your eyes in the morning until they close late at night.
- Happy birthday to you. From good friends and true, from old friends and new, may good luck go with you and happiness too!
- Wishing you all the great things in life. I hope this day will bring you an extra share of all that makes you happiest. Happy birthday.
- No matter what life throws at us, I will always have your back. Happy birthday!
- I know we didn’t always get along growing up, but when I look back over all the years and birthdays, I realize how lucky I am to have you as a sibling.
- A wish for you on your birthday: Whatever you ask may you receive, whatever you seek may you find, whatever you wish may come true.
- Another adventure-filled year awaits you. Welcome it with great fanfare! Happy birthday!
- Birthdays are a perfect fresh start for a new year. Make the most of it!
Funny Happy Birthday Wishes
If the birthday card recipient loves a good joke, you can’t go wrong with funny happy birthday wishes. Send them the gift of laughter this birthday by adding any of these hilarious birthday quotes – they’ll be sure to crack a smile at your wisecracks, and you may even earn some full-belly laughter.
- The older I get, the more I realize that I am still a little younger than you! Happy birthday.
- Work hard. Play hard. Eat lots of cake. That’s a good motto for your birthday and for life.
- You are my kind of crazy and that is what life is really about! Happy birthday.
- Not giving in to temptation is one way to increase your relative happiness. Giving in to temptation is a way to immediately increase your happiness. Be happy. Happy birthday.
- A birthday means that you are a year older, but a birthday party means you get to act 10 years younger. Enjoy the party!
- Blood is thicker than water. Birthday cake is sweeter than either. Happy birthday!
- I want your birthday to be celebrated as a national holiday because then I’ll get a day off. Happy birthday.
- They say you lose your memory as you grow older. I say forget about the past and live life to the fullest today. Start with cake. Happy birthday.
- Some people get wiser with age. Some people get richer with age. But everybody gets older with age. So good luck on the other two, and happy birthday!
- A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are – even if you are getting older. Thank you for being that friend, and happy birthday.
- I hope that your birthday is as much fun as you are, but that sets a very high standard.
- So many candles for such a small cake? Happy birthday.
- Being young is a privilege. Being attractive is a genetic gift. Being cool? That is all you. Happy birthday.
- I love you like I love cake at a birthday party. Don’t forget to invite me. Happy birthday.
- Life should be lived with a smile on your face and no one does a better job of putting one on my face than you. Happy birthday!
- One birthday will not make you old. Even a dozen will not make you old. Maybe you should have stopped counting there though. Happy birthday, again.
- You will never be as young again as you are today, so have fun. But be careful, because you have never been this old before. Happy birthday.
- Happy Birthday to an old lady who still knows how to party!
- Happy birthday, your good looks are living proof that Mother Nature sometimes wins the battle with Father Time.
- You are getting kind of old, but I still like you anyway.
- Siblings and birthdays are two things you will never get rid of or change. We both like to remind you at least once a year how old you are getting.
- Happy birthday to the only person I would rescue in the event of a zombie apocalypse.
- Celebrating your birthday is just like celebrating the birthday of a friend I didn’t get to choose.
- Happy birthday to my least annoying sibling!
- Remember how you used to try to help me blow out my candles? Now you need help blowing out your candles, because there are so many!
- Birthdays are like boogers. The more you have, the harder it is to breathe!
- Hope you get birthday presents in the dozens, my cousin.
- You deserve the very best of everything – I guess that’s why I’m in your life.
- Well done on this whole “staying alive” thing. Happy birthday!
- As we age, three things happen. The first thing is your memory goes, and I forget the other two.
- The more candles on your cake, the bigger the cake – Happy birthday, friend!
- Age is just a number, and your number is just really high.
Short & Sweet Happy Birthday Messages
If you’d like to keep your birthday card short and sweet, consider opting for one of these birthday wishes. From the sentimental to the straightforward, you really can say a lot with just a little.
- Hope all your birthday wishes come true.
- You bring light and love into my life. Happy birthday!
- Forget the past; look forward to the future, for the best things are yet to come.
- Life is a journey. Enjoy every mile.
- Happy birthday! I hope this is the beginning of your greatest, most wonderful year ever!
- You have to get older, but you don’t have to grow up.
- Happy moments. Happy thoughts. Happy dreams. Happy feelings. Happy birthday.
- May life’s brightest joys illuminate your path, and may each day’s journey bring you closer to your dreams!
- I love celebrating with you. Thanks for having a birthday and giving us a reason.
- Today is not the end of another year, but the start of a new one. Happy birthday.
- Thanks for being someone that I can talk to and share life with. Happy birthday.
- There’s no better day to celebrate with you. Happy birthday, friend.
- Having the opportunity to wish a happy birthday and celebrate the life of a great friend like you is a true gift.
- May the joy that you have spread in the past come back to you on this day. Wishing you a very happy birthday!
Happy Birthday Quotes for Him
Need birthday wishes for a great guy? Peruse our list of happy birthday quotes for him and make sure he celebrates his upcoming birthday right. Whether you’re filling out a birthday card for your dad, brother, boyfriend, friend, or colleague, we’ve got all the birthday quotes you need to make his day brighter.
- You are everything I could wish for and more – happy birthday to a wonderful husband!
- Today is the perfect day to tell you that you’re a wonderful boyfriend. Happy birthday!
- It’s an honor that the best man in this world is my brother. Happy birthday.
- I never got a choice in whom to have as a brother, but if I had, I would’ve picked you.
- Happy birthday! You’re not old, you’re vintage!
- Some people don’t believe in heroes, but they haven’t met you. Happy birthday, Dad!
- No matter how many birthdays go by, I will always be the little boy you taught to fly. Happy birthday, Dad.
- Dad, your birthday gift is another year of not having to pay for my wedding.
- I’m as lucky as can be because the greatest dad belongs to me. Happy birthday!
- Happy birthday, Dad! Thanks for the genes that gave me these rockin’ good looks.
- Thanks for being the best friend I could ever have. Happy birthday to you!
- Great fathers deserve great birthdays, so may you have a great birthday Daddy!
- Happy birthday to the man who inspired me to dream big and to work hard in achieving that dream. I love you, Dad!
- For every heartbreak that you have kissed away, I brought you a gift to help brighten your day. I love you, Dad! Happy birthday!
- Dad, no matter how tall I become, I will forever look up to you. I love you and may you have a fun-filled birthday celebration today and for many birthdays to come. Happy birthday!
- Dad, you are my compass. Thanks for always showing me the right path and for guiding me in the right direction. For that, I love you! Happy birthday!
Happy Birthday Quotes for Her
If a special woman in your life is soon celebrating a birthday, make sure she feels all your love with happy birthday quotes for her. From the sentimental to the sweet, we’ve got you covered. Celebrate your mom, sister, girlfriend, wife, best friend, or cousin with the best birthday messages, selected with her in mind.
- Mom, you are the strength that always helps me to fight against all odds of my life. I love you and happy birthday.
- Throughout my life, you have always been the strength that holds me up in the stormiest of times. I love you, Mom. Happy birthday!
- You have given me such great advice over the years, Mom. I want to take this special day and use it as an opportunity to thank you for all that you do.
- Thanks for always believing in me, Mom. Have a terrific day today.
- Take the day off. Put your feet up. You deserve it!
- You have the biggest heart in the world! Thank you for keeping me in it. Happy birthday, Mom!
- Congratulations and good wishes to the woman who has everything — including me!
- Thank you for the years of cake and ice cream. Today is your turn!
- Happiness is having a mother like you. Sending you love today.
- Twinkle, twinkle, little star. Happy birthday from afar. Missing you, Mom.
- Happy birthday to the only one who completes me: you!
- I wish I could list all the reasons I love you but there’s not nearly enough room. Happy birthday, my love!
- You’re my one and only, forever and always. Happy birthday, sweetheart!
Please note that the messages contained in this article were not originally compiled by this author but were edited where necessary